- About SSC
- Sponsor University
- Host University
About the Saudi Student Conference
The Saudi Student Conference is a unique event designed to provide a platform upon which to highlight the groundbreaking work and accomplishments of Saudi students at all levels of study at universities throughout the UK. The Conference brings together these top students to stimulate discussion and interest in cutting-edge areas of consequence in the arts and sciences.
Embracing competitive international standards of excellence, the material presented at the Conference embodies some of the most innovative work currently being done in medical and health sciences; engineering and applied sciences; natural sciences; law and management; humanities and social sciences; and the arts. The talented Saudi participants represent future thinkers, leaders, and innovators for Saudi Arabia and for the world. Thus, the Conference serves as a key international forum in which this significant work is communicated as a vital step leading to future breakthroughs in these respective fields.
The Eighth Annual Saudi Student Conference will take place from January 31 to February 1, 2015. The flagship two-day forum features research achievements in the above disciplines and fields, accompanied by supplementary activities to encourage dialog and discovery.
This year’s Conference is sponsored by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) in Saudi Arabia, and hosted by Imperial College London in the UK. It is organized by the Scientific Society for Saudi Students in the UK with the collaboration of the Saudi Arabian Cultural Bureau.
In pursuit of the strategic objectives of the Foreign Scholarship Programme of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques toward the development of a knowledge-based economy, the Conference is supported by the Ambassador of Saudi Arabia in the UK; HRH Prince Mohammed bin Nawwaf bin Abdulaziz; and His Excellency the Saudi Minister of Education Dr. Azzam ibn Muhammad Al Dakhil.
An annual forum in which to demonstrate Saudi students’ research innovation and potential, which embraces a framework of pioneering and excellence and serves as a springboard for further success.
To establish a distinguished Conference of international esteem and competitive standards that contributes to innovation and discovery in vital fields of knowledge.
- Allow students to showcase their creativity and publish their research
- Provide students with varied academic and research skills
- Promote students’ scientific research standards
- Contribute to research and academia locally and globally
- Encourage communication, scientific cooperation, and partnership amongst students
- Reinforce values of scientific integrity, fair competition, and volunteer work
- Exchange scientific, educational, and cultural knowledge amongst students
- Raise awareness of best practices in various fields and disciplines
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) is an international, graduate-level research university dedicated to inspiring a new age of scientific achievement in the Kingdom, in the region, and around the globe. As an independent, merit-based institution, KAUST’s pioneering matrix structure of academic divisions and interdisciplinary research centres enables top researchers from around the globe and across all cultures to work together to solve challenging scientific and technological issues.
The KAUST global research and education networks support diverse talents, both on its campus and at other premier universities and research institutions, through collaborative research agreements, grants, and student scholarship programs. KAUST, open to both men and women from all around the world, is governed by an independent, self-perpetuating Board of Trustees. The core campus, located on more than 36 million square meters on the Red Sea at Thuwal, Saudi Arabia, was inaugurated on the 23rd of September 2009.
For more information about KAUST, visit http://www.kaust.edu.sa
Consistently rated amongst the world's best universities, Imperial College London is a science-based institution with a reputation for excellence in teaching and research.
Imperial College London embodies and delivers world class scholarship, education and research in science, engineering, medicine and business, with particular regard to their application in industry, commerce and healthcare. We foster multidisciplinary working internally and collaborate widely externally.
- To remain a world-leading institution for scientific research and education.
- To harness the quality, breadth and depth of our research capabilities to address the difficult challenges of today and the future.
- To develop the next generation of researchers, scientists and academics.
- To provide an education for students from around the world that equips them with the knowledge and skills they require to pursue their ambitions.
- To make a demonstrable economic and social impact through the translation of our work into practice worldwide.
- To engage with the world and communicate the importance and benefits of science to society.
Facts & figures
- Founded 1907
- 14,414 full-time students (11-12)
- 12.5:1 student/staff ratio (11-12)
- Students from 126 countries
Please visit the University website for more info.
A Successful End to the 8th SSC
The 8th Saudi Students Conference was held on the 31st January and 1st February, 2015 at the Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre in London. This year’s host institution was Imperial College London, supporting the development of the conference programme and its academic oversight in collaboration with the sponsor University, King Abdullah University of Science & Technology.
Imperial College London’s President Alice Gast, who also serves on KAUST’s board of directors delivered the Welcome speech, (Watch Video).
Prof. Alice Gast (President of Imperial College London)
KAUST’s President Jean Lou Chameau delivered the Keynote speech (Watch Video).
Prof. Jean – Lou Chameau, (President of KAUST)