Ha’il University was founded by a Royal Decree issued on Tuesday, 30 Jumada Al-Akhera 1426 Hijri (7 June 2005) to make a new addition to the Saudi universities.
- Provide quality education to students in the region in line with labor market needs.
- Graduate qualified national cadres in scientific, and technical areas that are needed by the country.
- Work on the development of scientific research, and teaching methods to cope with local, and international requirements.
- Attract outstanding professors in the field of teaching, and scientific research.
- Cooperate with government, and private agencies, and institutions to develop the region.
The teaching language is English. All the subjects are taught in English except for Islamic, and Arabic studies.
The Preparatory Year Program:
Admitted students join a rehabilitative program, that aims at developing their English language, and learning capacities which are necessary to qualify them to various majors.
- The student must have completed high school, Department of Natural Sciences.
- The student must pass the general capacity test which is run by the Measurement Center.
- The student must pass the curriculum test which is run by the University.
- As for female students, they must have completed high school (Arts, Science), and must pass the curriculum test.
Faculties of the University:
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Science, and Computer Engineering
- Faculty of Science
- Community College
Faculty of Medicine: starting from the preparatory medical year and then specialization as per the available majors.
Faculty of Engineering: grants bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
Faculty of Science and Computer Engineering: grants bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines:
- Computer Science
- Software Engineering
- Management Information Systems
The Community College: which grants associate degrees in the following majors:
- Computer Systems
- Business Administration
- Electronics, and Measurement Engineering
For more information, please visit University’s website.