On Tuesday 09/01/1419 Hijri (06/05/1998) His Royal Highness Crown Prince Abdullah Bin AbdulAziz Al-Saud – may rest in peace – ordered the merger of Imam Mohammad Ibn Saud Islamic University, and King Saud University in the Southern Region into one entity under the new identity of ‘King Khalid University’.
Later, on 11/3/1419 Hijri (6/7/1998), Royal Decree No. 7/78/M was issued to complete all necessary formalities to conclude the merger. The University’s first budget was issued on 14/09/1419 Hijri (02/01/1999) as part of the general State budget.
The University is in Asir region in the southwestern part of Saudi Arabia. The area of Asir region is about 80,000 square kilometers, and has a population of over 1,600,000 distributed in 78 provinces, and centers.
King Khalid University strives for a leading role with regional roots, international dimensions, knowledge and research excellence and effective community contribution through qualitative competence.
King Khalid University is committed to providing relevant academic environments for high-quality education, conduct innovative scientific research, provide constructive community services, and maximize the employment of knowledge techniques.
- Achieving the aspirations of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in the development of constructive knowledge that contributes to the support of the religious, and national goals.
- Attaining a distinguished level of knowledge, research, and community services.
- Achieving comprehensive quality standards, and obtaining programmatic, and academic accreditation in accordance with national, and international standards.
- Creating a relevant academic environment to attract distinct faculty members to promote their cognitive, and professional capabilities.
- Activating the utilization of technology to build a knowledge-based society.
- Balancing the prospects of the University’s output, and job market requirements.
- Securing an innovative, and educational environment for students, and maintaining contacts with the University’s graduates.
- Establishing academic connections between the University, and regional, and international research centers.
- Vice-Presidency of Females’ Colleges
- Vice-Presidency of Development and Quality
- Vice-Presidency of Graduate Studies
- Vice-Presidency of Academic and Educational Affairs
- Vice-Presidency of Health Specialties
For more information, Please visit University’s website.