The Custodian of The Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah Bin AbdulAziz issued Royal instructions to approve the independence of Najran University on 10/10/1427 Hijri (01 November 2006). The College’s Compound was transformed into a university named Najran University.
The University is in the east of Najran city on an area of 18 million square meters. It is thus the biggest university city in KSA in terms of area. Soon, the University City will include a section for male students with 15 faculties, and a section for female students with 10 faculties, with a capacity to accommodate 45,000 male, and female students in total. The compound also includes a medical city, a research center, a sports and recreation city, as well as housing facilities for the teaching staff, and for female, and male students.
The University City will also include an investment city in the future to serve the University, and this city will include a hotel and a commercial center.
For more information, please visit University’s website.