Taibah University (TaibahU) was founded in 2003.
Location: Madinah / Universities Road
To be an internationally accredited, and comprehensive state university dedicated to excellence in teaching, research, and community service.
- Provide top-notch academic programs in various disciplines.
- Develop and support research that contributes to knowledge enrichment and achievement of national developmental goals.
- Meet market and national developmental needs of highly qualified graduates capable of effectively competing in today’s knowledge economy, and globalized world.
- Reinforce Taibah University role in serving the community, and building a knowledge society.
- Create an environment supportive of productivity, and excellence.
Taibah University Colleges:
The University was first established with only seven colleges. By 1434, the University had evolved to include 30 colleges and institutes, including 17 in the University’s Headquarters in Al-Madinah Al-Munawwarah. The rest are distributed to the University’s six branches in Yanbu, Al-Ula, Hanakiya, Khaybar, Al-Mahd and Badr.
The University’s colleges are as follows:
- Applied Sciences
- Engineering – Yanbu
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering –Yanbu
- Family Science
- Arts and Humanities
- Arts and Humanities – Yanbu
- Business Administration
- Applied Medical Science
- Applied Medical Science –Yanbu
- Applied Medical Science – Al-Ula
- Medical Rehabilitation
- Science – Yanbu
- Business Administration – Yanbu
- Arts & Humanities – Al-Ula
- Community College
- Community College – Hanakiya
- Community College – Khaybar
- Community College – Al-Mahd
- Community College – Al-Ula
- Community College – Badr
- Higher Institute of Imams
Number of Academic Staff Members:
The number of Taibah University faculty members is 1,387. The University also employs 1,307 teaching assistants, lecturers, and language teachers.
Number of Students:
Taibah University has witnessed a radical increase in the number of its students (Men & Women). The number of students in the different levels increased from 7,761 in the academic year 1424/1425 Hijri (2003/2004) to 60,055 in the academic year 1433/1434 H (2012/2013).
Academic Programs and Degrees:
The number of academic programs in the University is 126, and the University grants 7 degrees as follows:
- General Diploma
- Higher Diploma
Parallel and Distance Education:
In addition to its regular programs, Taibah University offers parallel, and distance education using advanced technology and partial face-to-face training. These programs enable students from the Madinah Region to pursue their studies in various fields.
For more information, please visit University’s website.